Wednesday, February 17, 2016

3 jobs every summer since High School

and at least one part time job during the school year; because we were so poor, we didn't even have enough to eat when I was young.  This was the only way for me to continue with my education.  I learned to be self sufficient since. 

If I didn't do my job, I would be fired without hesitation.  It is a learned trait, not because I was born smart.  As a matter of fact, in elementary school, the teacher supposed to teach me to write didn't even bother to, and told my parents that I was "slow".  I had to teach myself to write.  Asian-Americans treated far worst then the African-Americans back then, even the Hispanic/Latino teachers tried to take our hard-earned funding from selling our paintings after school to buy school supply for our classroom, as well our free meals.  That's why the Asian kids were skinny bones.

My father didn't think women should be educated and wanted me to work after High School.  He also vehemently against me pursuing a Master's degree, and threatened "no one will married you".  I had decided then that I won't be pursuing the traditional path for women.

This was back in the 1980s in NYC when there was very few Asians.  There were about 10 Asians in my whole Junior High School, and over 60% were Hispanic/Latino. 

It didn't take much to fire an Asian, and a woman back then.  So if I didn't learn to do the job fast, I would be fired.  In one of my temp job, I did so well, the owner wanted me to work full time.  But the manager (white/Italian male) talked the owner out of it, and was never called back.

Another job as a cashier in a supermarket, I foiled a security guard forcing sex on another cashier.  This security later got the manager to fired me.

In a Wall Street temp job.  The manager praised me for doing a good job, and wanted me to work on the computer as I was the only one that had use a computer before, this was in the 1980s.  Two other girls, one Hispanic/Latino didn't like that and deliberately knocked my coffee down that spilled on some of the Stock certificates, which was a firing offense that stated on the 1st day of employment.

In short, I had the equivalent of 20+ years of working experiences when I started my first job after college, where most had never work a day in his life; especially those from Asia as only the well-off could afford to pay for college in what was still a dirt poor 3rd world, often had servants, except communist countries such as China, Vietnam, etc., they were communist elites.  Capitalist hated Communist, and Communist such as Tuan Nguyen and his countrymen/women hated Capitalist/Americans and Asian-Americans. 

Additionally, Silicon Valley didn't like to promote women to management, nor engineers tolerated women to be their manager, just like in the 1950s; and so engineers could've been my students (was an EE adjunct) or my student's students were forced to compete with their Professor/me.

Today, in the Silicon Valley/Tech/USPTO, all it takes to fired or not hired me was for people from Asia to say "I/we don't like her; no one liked her; etc." openly admitted to shun women/me; indicative of racism/sexism.


In elementary school, the teacher supposed to teach me to write didn't even bother to, and told my parents that I was "slow".  I had to teach myself to write.

I've been saying this for decades:  The more I know, the more I know what I don't know.  This keeps me firmly grounded, and the need to learn.  Anyone who thinks one is smart and acting haughty, is just a wannebe.  And I take offense in calling me "smart" because I had to work 24/7 to achieve every accomplishment, while often treated like a street rat growing up that further reaffirmed that education and hard-work were my way out, and people from Asia make me into public enemy #1 since the 1990s as soon as I arrived in the Silicon Valley after EE Graduate School; when most people only had to work 8/5 or less, and live a charmed and privileged life.  Most people can achieve the same result if they just put some effort into what they are doing. 


8/5 by 6 years= 8x5x52x6=12,480hrs

24/7 by 2 years = 24x7x52x2=17,472hrs        

I have to work far harder then you to get the same result.  So you are smarter.


But seeing how the USPTO management treated me, I don't see why anyone would want to do a good job.  For those career-minded, get the experiences needed and move on to greener postures.  If you don't see a future, move on.  Do you want to work in a cesspool?        

I aspired to be a Transhumanist to advance the human race, to be an informed individual and competent in every job I do.

Again, genius is 99% perspiration, and 1% inspiration.


No comments:

Post a Comment